Pre-Operative Assessment Manager
Bushey, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Nov 2020
- 6 Dec 2020
Spire Bushey Hospital is expanding and recruiting a POA Manager on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic leadership position taking full responsibility for POA services including ongoing development and improvement of the department.
Reporting into our Director of Clinical Services, you will join a high performing and expanding Pre Assessment team, taking full responsibility of the team and the department. As well as being an accomplished leader able to support and mentor our team, you will be tasked with developing strategies and policies for service improvement and implementing these to create a high performing and robust POA service.
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire's leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality private hospital treatment. The hospital has been treating patients for over 35 years and has over 400 consultants. All of our consultants are highly experienced and many enjoy national and international reputations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages the pre-operative assessment service across all surgical disciplines
- Leads on the development of the POA service
- Completes competency assessment, training and development and the mentoring of staff
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills by supporting staff within a changing environment
- Draft work scheduling rota for the POA department
- Support recruitment, induction, performance review, attendance management, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Ensures that pre-operative elective surgical care planning and delivery is managed and delivered to national and local evidence based guidelines
- Undertakes audit and assessment and management of key performance indicators for POA service
- Actively participates in POA at clinical governance including incident reporting and management
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Experience within a POA, Outpatient or Surgical setting
- Experience within a senior clinical position managing a ward or department
- Effective people manager
- Experienced in setting up a new service or making service improvements
- Excellent communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 28300.0 - 37700.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHenley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England
Staff Nurse ( RGN or RMN or RNLD ) - Nursing Home Location: Henley-on-Thames, OxfordshireCare Categories: Nursing and Palliative C...