Registered Mental Health Nurse - Adult Acute - Brand New Service
Exeter, Devon, England
- £ 29000.0 - 33000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 6 Nov 2020
- 6 Dec 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced staff nurse - mental health nurse ( RMN ) , learning disability nurse ( RNLD ) , or adult nurse ( RGN ) - to join our brand new purpose built Adult Acute Mental Health Adult Acute Rehabilitation and Recovery service in Exeter.
- Location: Exeter, Devon
- Salary: £29,000 - £33,000 per annum - negotiable depending on your experience
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
- Shifts : Options of Days only ( 7.15am - 7.45pm ) or Nights only ( 7.15pm - 7.45am ) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Hospital Details: This Hospital is purpose built and is not yet accepting patients however care will take place over two acute wards and 8 semi independent flats This will be a 24 hour acute inpatient service supported by a full multidisciplinary team, specialising in the assessment, treatment and stabilisation of individuals suffering from a significant mental health episode and in crisis. Clinical and therapeutic services will be delivered in a safe environment providing service users who may present a risk to the wellbeing of themselves, the opportunity for recovery.
As service users' mental health stabilises and improves, rehabilitation services located at the service will provide a pathway of care supporting individuals back to their community.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) , the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. Nurses will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Nurses will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. All nurses will receive ongoing support from your Manager..
- A thorough 2 week induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Regular breakfast mornings
- Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
- A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Amy Parker on Applyor email a copy of your CV to Apply
You can also text me on Apply - this number is only for texting. If you do decide to text, please pop your name on there so I know it's from you.
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Exeter, Devon, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 29837.75 - 35708.13 Per yearFull timePermanentChesterfield, Derbyshire, England
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But...
£ 32000.0 - 36000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentCatfield, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England
Staff Nurse - Newly opened Mental Health Low Secure rehab and step-down service Location: Norwich Salary: £32,000 - £3...