Greater London, England
- £ 25.0 - 42.0 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Nov 2020
- 1 Dec 2020
Practice Nurse Locum work at GP Surgery in Hammersmith; £25 - £42 per hour, including holiday pay.
A General Practice in Hammersmith, requires a locum Practice Nurse to join them for Weekday sessions, starting as soon as possible.
You would be joining an experienced clinical team, of GPs, Nurses and HCAs, who you will work alongside to ensure the consistent provision of their service, in a period of high demand, and help retain the best levels of patient care.
You can choose which days and hours you cover, and when you start and finish (and even how long you'd like your lunch break to be). Clinics will be set up around your preferences and availability.
You would not be directly employed at the centre, but working via their agency, Chase Medical. You would be paid hourly and earn £25 -£42 per hour (including holiday pay).
Responsibilities and Duties
You would be undertaking treatment room clinics, seeing patients for;
- Baby Immunisations
- Family Planning
- Flu Vaccinations
- Chronic Disease checks
You would be responsible for;
- Working to appointment slots and clinic timings (catch up slots are provided)
- Professional and compassionate interactions
- Safe disposal of sharps in bins provided
- Clear and precise labelling of any samples taken, and ensuring they are ready for collection.
- Reading and signing relevant PGDs
- Thorough patient notes and documentation
- Provision and wearing of clean clinical uniform and PPE
The centre will provide:
- Thorough induction (including H&S information specific to the site)
- PGDs on arrival, for you to review and sign ahead of starting work
- Access to and log in for their computer system, with appropriate access rights. (And IT system training if this is required)
- All equipment needed for each clinic
Qualifications & Skills
Core qualifications which are essential for this post are:
- Nursing Degree
- Cytology training (including allocation of smear taker code, and update completed within 3 years)
- Chronic Disease diploma(s) - i.e. Asthma Diploma
- Spirometry ARTP
- Family Planning course
- Wound Care training (if including compression bandaging or 4 layer, this is an advantage)
How to Apply
It is quick and easy to apply. Simply submit your CV to Chase Medical, or send to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or call in for Elizabeth on 01142757421.
If successful, you will be invited to register with Chase Medical (free to join, easy process to register), so that you can access this opportunity, and many others!
Who are Chase Medical?
We are the leading Primary Care agency, currently working with over 1/3 of all GP surgeries across the UK, and other Primary Care centres too including WICs, UCCs, Access Hubs, Community teams, CCG staffing programmes etc. We are linked with many large NHS organisations.
We provide both locum and permanent work for Primary Care clinical staff including Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Independent Prescribers, Clinical Pharmacists, Physician Associates, GP's and HCA's.
We pride ourselves on an excellent reputation, which means a lot of centres and staff join us via word of mouth. We now run a referral scheme, whereby you earn up to £500 for a successful referral. If you know a Primary Care Clinician who might be interested, let us know!
Notable benefits of joining Chase Medical for locum work;
- H igh rates of pay
- Flexibility (no minimum number of hours required, you can take as little or as many shifts as you'd like, as and when you are available)
- Independence (you control when you work, and you don't need to be involved in any internal politics)
- CPD opportunities (locum work stands out your CV and evidences your competency)
- Make professional connections in your area (be the first to know of training opportunities and vacancies, and grow your NHS network)
- We do the leg work for you, in finding relevant local opportunities, and in setting up each placement.
- Support - you have advice and support from expert consultants whenever you need it!
If you are interested in this opportunity with the GP surgery in Hammersmith, or want to hear more about all of the opportunities Chase Medical have available near you, get in touch - 0114 275 7421, Elizabeth.email@example.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Ref: PN Hammersmith
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Practice Nurse role that's right for you here, our jobsite is updated daily with a variety of new Nursing, ...