Senior Staff Nurse - Mental Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Keighley, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 30906.0 - 34512.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
Location: Keighley, West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,240 - £34,500 per annum ( up to £17.60 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.35am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.35pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced RMN, RNLD or RGN ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive Mental Health Hospital located in Keighley, West Yorkshire, for adults with complex mental health issues, including a specialist dementia service. The Hospital is proud of their good recent CQC rating. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Details: This Hospital provides a safe environment for men and women with complex mental health issues as well as those needing support from their specialist nine bedded dementia service. The hospital is split across three wards:
- 18 bed Male Rehabilitation Service
- 16 bed Female Rehabilitation Service
- 9 bed Male Specialist Dementia Service (staff:patient ratio on this ward is 4 staff to 9 patients)
*If you have an interest to work in a specific area / on a specific ward, then please state this in your application and we will endeavour to accommodate your preference*
Location : The Hospital has free on-site parking. They are very easy to access on the bus or a train - they are on three bus routes from Keighley and Skipton and the bus stop is right outside the hospital.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The hospital offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role - for example, one of the ward managers is currently doing a masters in advanced clinical practice funded by the hospital.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, next month a massage therapist is coming into the hospital for 3 days to give massages to nurses for free. The hospital also does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
- A thorough 2 week induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Regular breakfast mornings
- Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
- A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #corona
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Keighley, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 25240.0 - 34512.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLeeds, West Yorkshire, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Mental Health Rehabilitation - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN, ...