Staff Nurse - Eating Disorder Ward
Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
- £ 27000.0 - 28000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
Location: Glasgow, South Lanarkshire
Salary: £27,373 per annum ( £14 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience + 20% pay enhancements for night shifts & 50% pay enhancements for bank holidays
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7am - 7.30pm) or Nights only (7pm - 7.30am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
*Preceptorship on offer for all newly qualified nurses*
*Excellent recent CQC rating*
*Very positive, friendly and supportive work environment*
*Won 'Site of the Year' award*
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN, RNLD or RGN - ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive Psychiatric Hospital within their Eating Disorder Ward, situated in Glasgow, Lanarkshire. The Hospital won the 'Site of the Year' award and continually strives to live up to their excellent reputation. The Hospital has an excellent recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training.
The Eating Disorder Ward is challenging and demanding with complex patients but very rewarding with a huge amount of job satisfaction. It's a very good job and the ward has a great ambience.
The Hospital Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses, the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ).
Shifts : The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application. Their shift pattern is 7am - 8.30pm (days) and 7pm - 7.30am (nights).
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- 20% pay enhancements for night shifts & 50% pay enhancements for weekends
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Flexibility with the introduction of our new e-rostering system which will allow you to book additional shifts through an online portal in the future
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- Highly subsidised meals
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of your choice
For more informatio
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 34992.0 - 38259.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHamilton, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
Registered Nurse - An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced staff nurse - RGN, RMN, or RNLD ( Registered Adult Nurse,...
£ 27400.0 - 36400.0 Per yearFull timePermanentGlasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
Registered Nurse Location : Yorker, Glasgow Position: Registered Nurse Care Categories: Alzheimer's, Disease & Parkinson's Disease...