Registered Mental Health Nurse - Acute Mental Health
Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 29000.0 - 33000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
Location: Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
Salary: £29,000 - £33,000 per annum ( up to £16.92 per hour )
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a preceptorship nurse or experienced staff nurse - Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) , Learning Disability Nurse ( RNLD ) and/or Registered Adult Nurse (RGN ) - to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive Mental Health hospital for adults who require acute care, treatment and stabilisation and for young people (CAMHS) with personality disorders and acute mental health. The hospital is situated in in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Details: This Hospital is split across four wards:
- 2x Tier 4 CAMHS Wards - for young people with personality disorders and acute mental illnesses
- 2x Adult Acute Wards - for adults suffering an acute mental health episode
*If you have an interest to work in a specific area / on a specific ward, then please state this in your application and we will endeavour to accommodate your preference.
Location : The hospital is situated in a residential area which is very accessible via car, train, bus and the London Underground. It's local to a number of bus routes and there is a train station very close by.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role - for example, one of the ward managers is currently doing a masters in advanced clinical practice funded by the hospital.
- A thorough 2 week induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Access to development opportunities including
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Regular breakfast mornings
- Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
- A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 31920.52 - 35073.67 Per yearFull timePermanentMaidenhead, Berkshire, England
Newly qualified or experienced Registered Mental Health nurses ( RMN ), Registered Learning Disabilities Nurses ( RNLD or RNMH ) an...
£ 29000.0 - 35000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Registered Nurse - Eating Disorder Hosptial An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced staff nurse - m...