Registered Nurse - Brain Injury
Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
- £ 32500.0 - 34500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
- Location: Middlesbrough
- Salary: £32,500 - £34,500 per annum ( £16.60 - £17.69 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience + over time rates
- Overtime rates: time and a 1/3 for weekdays, time and 2/3 for weekends
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
- Shifts: Options of Days only (7.20am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.20pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference. 12 hour shifts with a 40 min unpaid break.
Service Details: This Service provides care for adults with a physical disability as a result of an acquired brain injury (ABI) or progressive neurological condition (PNC), spinal cord injury and / or the patients display challenging behaviour.
The Service is a 40 bedded service which has recently been refurbished and relaunched. They currently only have one of their 10 bedded floors open, but are due to open their second 10 bedded floor. They also have exciting growth plans for 2020 too.
Preceptorship nurses : In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ), the hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role.
Location : The Service is easily accessed by car and via public transport. They have free on-site parking. They are a 5 minute walk away from Middlesbrough train station and a 10 minute walk away from Middlesbrough central bus station. There is also a college bus you can catch directly to the service. They are very accessible via car from York, Darlington, Stockton and Cleveland.
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Excellent CQC rating
- Your NMC pin is paid for by the company
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A buddy system for new starters for extra support
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Free meals on shift
- Excellent staff to patient ratio (usually 1:1 on most units)
- A high number of qualified and experienced nurses on shift
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Option to buy holiday and spread out the payments over a year
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- 7% contribution pension scheme
- Sick pay after your 3 month probation
- Discounts to various retail outlets such as Specsavers
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or e
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 26000.0 - 34700.0 Per yearFull timePermanentSunderland, Tyne and Wear, England
Registered Nurse - Outstanding CQC - up to £38K Salary - Younger and older adults mental health careLocation: Sunderland, Tyn...