STAFF NURSE - RMN/RNLD (THE GATEHOUSE)
Ayr, South Ayrshire, Scotland
- £ 23000.0 - 31000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2020
- 15 Nov 2020
The Gatehouse provides a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder. The service has a specialist secure care remit with a focus on offering patients community transitional skills in a safe homely environment.
Working within a low security environment and operating with a full multi-disciplinary team including OT, forensic psychiatry and psychology, service users are supported to develop living skills by encouraging an independent model of care
Nursing is the cornerstone to the services. We are looking for motivated, dedicated and innovative nurses to work in our unit and assist in helping promote recovery and well-being with our service users. Staff Nurses will play a pivotal part within the multi discilplinary team. They will have the opportunity to contribute to assessments, plan care alongside the individual, and monitor user progress. They will lead shifts, mentor others and support student nurses
This is an exciting role for a staff nurse within these new and dynamic services which will offer you an opportunity to help shape and develop the service model.
The role of the Staff Nurse will play a pivotal part within the multidiscilplinary team.
The Staff Nurse will work as an effective member of the Multi-Disciplinary team:
- Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
- At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
This is an exciting and dynamic role for the staff nurse within the a new service having an opportunity to help shape and develop the service model.
The successful candidates will be required to apply for a PVG from Disclosure Scotland. Further information can be obtained from Apply . We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Ayr, South Ayrshire, Scotland
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35.5 Per hourPart timeTemporaryFalkirk, Falkirk, Scotland
Head Medical are recruiting Registered Nurses with Acute Medicine experience to work in locum posts throughout Scotland. Being a lo...