Registered Nurse - Brain Injury & Neuro-disabilities
Swindon Village, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
- £ 32500.0 - 34500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Oct 2020
- 13 Nov 2020
- Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
- Salary: £32,500 - £34,500 per annum ( £16.60 - £17.69 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience + over time rates
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
- Shifts : Options of Days only (7.30am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Service Details: This is a brand new 20 bedded Hospital which provides care for adults with a physical disability as a result of an acquired brain injury (ABI) or progressive neurological condition (PNC), spinal cord injury and / or the patients display challenging behaviour. They have a Transdisciplinary Team (TDT) which is made up of Specialist Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists and Psychiatrists
Preceptorship nurses : In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ), the hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, next month a massage therapist is coming into the hospital for 3 days to give massages to nurses for free. The hospital also does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- Excellent CQC rating
- Your NMC pin is paid for by the company
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- An opportunity to join, help build and progress with a brand new service
- A buddy system for new starters for extra support
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Free meals on shift
- A high number of qualified and experienced nurses on shift
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Option to buy holiday and spread out the payments over a year
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- 7% contribution pension scheme
- Sick pay after your 3 month probation
- Discounts to various retail outlets such as Specsavers
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of y
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Swindon Village, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 35400.0 - 44300.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHereford, County of Herefordshire, England
Registered Adult Nurse ( Brain Injury Rehabilitation ) [... Click Apply...], HerefordshireSalary: £18.18 per hour (day shift...
£ 21750.0 - 31600.0 Per yearFull timePermanentBarnsley, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, England
Staff Nurse - Learning Disabilities rehabilitation newly qualified or experienced Registered Adult Nurse, Registered Mental Health...
Full time...Bank...Worcester, Worcestershire, England
Start date: ASAP You will be a qualified Staff Nurse, looking to work on the ward of a leading Hospital. This is an excellent oppor...