Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
- £ 23500.0 - 26404.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Oct 2020
- 22 Dec 2020
We have an exciting full time opportunity in our Eastbourne clinic for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives.
The Eastbourne clinic is a purpose built clinic in the Chaucer Business park affording free private parking for employees and patients alike. The unit provides Renal outpatient treatments for patients requiring kidney dialysis and works in partnership with the Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust. Services are provided Monday to Saturday from 6:30am to 23:30pm with a combination of shift times (no night shifts or Sunday working required).
The clinic is afforded with 16 dialysis stations and a consultant supports the unit with monthly visits/reviews. The facilities are spacious and there is a dedicated staff room/rest room facility for staff. There are bus services to this area which is situated near Stone Cross and Polegate, just a short journey from the beautiful Eastbourne and Brighton coastlines.
Working in Partnership with the NHS, you will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Provide ongoing patient education
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• At least one year’s experience in general nursing (Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
• Applications from newly qualified Nurses are welcomed
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Please note that pay listed above includes a Competitive Salary and Unsocial Payments,
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
• Relocation allowance * Location Allowance*
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
Please note that we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications