Senior Nurse - Mental Health & Learning Disabilities
Newport, Isle of Wight, England
- £ 35500.0 - 40000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Oct 2020
- 10 Nov 2020
Senior Nurse - Mental Health & Learning Disabilities - Newport, South Wales - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Full time. 38.25 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for an excellent service in Newport, South West, who are looking for an experienced senior nurse to join their team. For this position, you must have previous experience with a wide rang of individuals with mental health and learning disabilities.
They require a nurse who is familiar with working in clinical environments that focus on evidence- based practice and the use of formal clinical outcome measures, including service user feedback on quality of care.
My client is currently developing a post qualification nurse training framework that will support our nurses to prepare for advanced practice roles. The Hospital has a full disciplinary team and is supported by a Board of Directors, of whom 50% are clinicians and accessible to the whole staff team.
The benefits of this Senior Nurse role:
- Long service annual leave days
- Death in service benefit x 3 of annual salary
- Promotional opportunities
- CPD Training
- Excellent opportunity for development
- Great team to work with
Job duties as a Senior Nurse:
- To ensure all staff work within the prescribed model of care, using PBS, recovery support plans, safety support plans and any other prescribed plans, to reduce restrictive interventions and facilitate consistency of care and building of therapeutic relationships.
- Ensure that, wherever possible, all patients are offered the opportunity to participate in, develop and sign their behavioural support plans.
- To ensure all patients are offered on a weekly basis, 1:1 primary contact and that this is recorded on care partner.
- To positively utilise, and support staff to utilise, talk through forms with patients. Understanding and sharing information/themes to better inform care delivery through discussion at Primary team meetings, MDT, Local Governance and other relevant meetings.
- To ensure patient care files evidence interventions and outcomes, are inclusive, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely (SMART) and evaluated monthly taking into account any changes directed by the MDT.
- To ensure patient health and well-being files raise awareness of healthier lifestyle choices and ensure any met or unmet physical health issues are addressed promptly and that the rationale for any not met is recorded appropriately.
- Collaborate with all to ensure internal and external therapied and activities are effectively planned, efficiently staffed and that attendance of non-attendance is documented.
- To provide leadership to the nursing team, working in a collaborative and co-operative manner with the multi-disciplinary team, to promote patient well-being and positive outcomes.
- As directed, participate in induction programme for new staff, ensuring they feel welcome, supported and are provided with the correct information to successfully undertake their role and therefore a reduction in attrition rates.
- To ensure effective communication within the clinical environment, facilitating the handover of clinical information in a positive planned manner being aware that the correct descriptive language is used by all attendees.
- To meet with and foster positive communication which allow relatives to understand and where appropriate participate in patient care.
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with other agencies, whilst respecting patients' confidentiality.
- Ensure all patient records are factual, accurate, contemporaneous and detail patients' progress.
Essential requirements of this Senior Nurse role:
- RMN or RNLD qualification and valid NMC PIN
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Previous experience working within a mental health and learning disabilities setting
For more information please email Apply
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Newport, Isle of Wight, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27300.0 - 29000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentGosport, Hampshire, England
Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) - Locked Rehab & Recovery HospitalLocation: Gosport / Fareham, HampshireSalary: £27,000 - £2...
Full time...Bank...Chichester, West Sussex, England
Onecall24 is a leading healthcare staffing solution, providing highly qualified, experienced medical professionals to both the NHS ...