Occupational Health Nurse
Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
- £ 34000.0 - 38000.0 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Oct 2020
- 31 Dec 2020
Occupational Health Nurse - Wilton, Teesside. F/T or 4 days, £34k to £38k
We are working with an OH Provider to source an Occupational Health Nurse for a role in Wilton, Teesside. You will provide a stand-alone occupational health service to a high-profile client.
You will undertake health checks including safety critical medicals and health surveillance and participate in the delivery of a health program to improve the health and wellbeing of employees. You will deliver innovative health promotion and wellbeing activities in support of and as directed by the Nurse Team Leader and Clinical Nurse Manager.
The role will involve the delivery of wellbeing and OH services at other sites across Teesside as requested.
This is an autonomous role and as such you must be able to develop excellent client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
Fitness for work screening
• Pre-placement medical screening.
• Safety critical medicals.
• Screening can include lung function tests, audiometry tests, drug and alcohol screening and night worker assessments.
• Chester step tests.
• Case management – including triage, consultation and onward referral.
• Return to Work.
• Occupational health advice and support.
• Deliver annual wellbeing program to the clients to include monthly campaigns of general and construction related health topics.
• Deliver onsite toolbox talks as directed.
• Deliver Powerpoint presentations as directed.
• Ensure dissemination of supporting material including posters, flyers and handouts.
• Liaison with local Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) in relation to national health campaigns.
• Deliver lifestyle screening with the development of personal lifestyle plans for individuals and follow-up care.
Health Surveillance Screening
• Onsite liaison with Occupational Hygienist.
• Carrying out health surveillance screening based on relevant occupational health risks (including, skin, HAVS, lung and noise health surveillance).
You must be a Registered General Nurse on part 1 of the register, a competent lone worker with some experience in Occupational Health. Any experience within the construction sector would be beneficial. An OH qualification is not necessary; however applications are welcomed from those nurses with an OH qualification.
Salary is £34k to £38k depending on experience and qualifications. An annual bonus of up to £3k is also available.
Please apply now if you are interested.
This job was posted to Occupational health in Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30000.0 - 32000.0 Per yearFull timeBank...Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Chase Medical is working on behalf of a leading provider in Occupational Health, who have an immediate opening for an Occupational ...