Deputy Ward Manager - 12 Month Maternity Contract
Hale, Altrincham, Greater Manchester, England
- £ 33000.0 - 34694.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 9 Oct 2020
- 8 Nov 2020
A driven and dynamic Nurse?
An experienced RMN or wanting to return to take the next step in your career?
Wanting to make a difference to someone's life?
Ready for a new challenge?
Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If the answer is yes, get in touch with our Nurse Recruiter Adam O'Shea on Applynow!
About The Role :
The hospital is currently looking for a Deputy Ward Manager for a fixed term contract of 12 months to cover maternity leave. The role holder will provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team in support of the Ward Manager on our 24 bedded private general psychiatric ward. They will have the relevant clinical experience and leadership qualities that provide expertise and confidence to the nursing team and ward overall. They will have defined delegated responsibilities from the Ward Manager and have supervisory responsibilities for an agreed group of staff.
* Works as Senior Nurse on the ward ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors
* Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
* Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
* Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
* Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
* Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
* Actively supports and contributes to effective multi-disciplinary working
* Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
* Is named nurse for a small group of patients
* Undertakes Lead roles for the ward, as agreed with the Ward manager
* Adheres to all National, Company and local standards, policies and procedures
We are proud to offer:
* Excellent salary
* Many benefits in line with the NHS
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Free on-site parking
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Support with your Revalidation
* NMC Payment in full
* Long service award
About our service :
The Priory Hospital - Altrincham is a 56 bedded hospital and is part of the Priory Group, leading provider of specialist treatment in mental health. The hospital has an established reputation for providing the highest standards of care together with an extensive range of clinical services and is a principle provider to the NHS in the north of England, focussing on positive holistic outcomes through full service provision.
Please note this vacancy is based in Hale, Manchester and not in Hale, Liverpool.
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.