Preceptorship Nurse - Mental Health / Forensics
Crawley, West Sussex, England
- £ 28000.0 - 32000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 8 Oct 2020
- 7 Nov 2020
- Location: Crawley, West Sussex
- Salary: £28,706 - £32,000 per annum ( up to £16.41 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
- Bonus: £3,000 welcome bonus
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
- Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Service Details : The Hospital comprises of two services - they operate a 52 bedded Male Medium Secure Service & they are opening a brand new 14 bed Adult Acute Service in 2020 in a separate purpose built environment.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse and / or Learning Disability Nurse) , the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. Nurses will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Nurses will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. Nurses will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
- A thorough 2 week induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Access to development opportunities including: Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel & Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Regular breakfast mornings
- "Feel good Friday" on the first Friday of every month where the lovely canteen staff hand out bacon sandwiches free of charge
- In-house coffee shop run by patients and supported by staff
- Staff are treated to free massages twice per year from the hospitals holistic care specialist
- Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
- A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #coronavirus
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Crawley, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 25000.0 - 34250.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHorsham, West Sussex, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with neurological conditions - An exciting opportunity has arisen for ...
£ 25000.0 - 27500.0 Per yearFull timePermanentCrawley, West Sussex, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Specialist Care Centre for young adults with neurological conditions and acquired brain injury - An exciting...
£ 32750.0 - 34250.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHorsham, West Sussex, England
Registered Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with neurological conditions - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a n...