Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 31500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
- 7 Oct 2020
- 7 Nov 2020
Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) are currently recruiting for a Clinical Practice Educator.
This is a new and exciting position for you to extend your clinical skills and to improve quality of care across adult care providers
It is essential that this candidate:
Has passion and enthusiasm to raise the standard of quality of care
Has a clinical or nursing background
Has experience in the adult teaching arena
Has experience working with adult care providers such as Care Homes
Has credibility with external health and social care stakeholders
Has the ability to complete Level 3 Award in Education and Training (previously PTLLS) and Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) if not already held.
Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) is a unique company set up to support adult care providers within Hertfordshire to raise quality standards of care. Support is given to our members via funded training and providing information and guidance. We also provide additional services and projects such as recruitment, an independent feedback service, and community education. Our team is dedicated to work hard to improve residents’ lives by providing high quality education and training to providers and we are looking for suitable candidates to share our passion and help us achieve our mission.
Why work for HCPA?
• £31,500 per year (12-month renewable contract)
• Full time (40 hours per week working 8.30am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
• Working from modern HCPA Office in Welwyn Garden City
• Free parking
• Travel expenses paid when working offsite
• Herts Rewards and Herts Care Academy Benefits
• Pension and Sickness Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• 36 days holiday (inclusive of 8 bank holidays)
• Friendly and supportive team
• Annual Care Awards
• Team building days and team events
What does this job involve?
• Act as Clinical Lead for HCPA to develop clinical resources/ education and link with external clinical stakeholders on behalf of HCPA and the Integration Manager
• Design, prepare and deliver new clinical and care level training education and qualifications meeting observation requirements including Ofsted
Education and qualifications will include but not inclusive-Medication, Pressure Care, Oral Health, Diabetes management, End of life, Catheters, Continence care, Respiratory care and infections, Stroke awareness, infection Control and PPE
• Learn all current courses within the HCPA offer and deliver these to HCPA standards with passion and enthusiasm.
• Act as an assessor and verifier and support learners to complete coursework for clinical based qualifications
• Take responsibility of own learners by guiding them through the training end ensure timely assessing of coursework
• Provide reports on assessment and completion rates
• Support providers who require tailored solutions to training staff
• Work with the team to ensure all training is planned, booked, communicated, and recorded efficiently.
• Work with the Quality Team to ensure all courses are mapped to appropriate qualifications and standards and manage all quality assurance within the department.
• Attending local health stakeholder meetings to represent our members view and develop and support local projects and resources/ education. As well as covering meetings for the Integration Manager.
• Develop and deliver quarterly CPD forums for nurses within Nursing Homes
• Develop competency frameworks for care providers to use, for example Medication practice
• Any other new projects related to clinical support at HCPA
Am I the right person for HCPA’s Clinical Trainer role?
• Must have current Registered Nurse (RN) with current professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or equivalent with another specialism where applicable
• Experience of working within a hospital and community setting.
• Will have completed a Certificate in Education and Training and Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement within first three months of appointment unless held already
• Own transport with insurance for business use is essential for this role as travel around Hertfordshire is required to deliver at care sites
• Previous experience of training and working with private health and social care settings such as Care Homes.
• Experience in working within the Health & Social Care organisations
• Excellent communication skills both written, IT and verbal
• Be excellent at autonomous research and have proven clinical experience
• Adaptable - training may be within the HCPA training centre and may also be courses which need to be delivered at a client’s site or alternative venues.
• Willing to learn new skills, complete relevant qualification as requested by manager and to develop current knowledge
• Willing to deliver education online and face to face
Ref: Clinical Practice Educator
This job was posted to Community nurse, Community mental health nurse, Community learning disability nurse in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Community Nurse or District Nurse role that's right for you here, our jobsite is updated daily with a varie...