Radstock, Somerset, England
- £ 35353.0 - 38220.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 3 Oct 2020
- 3 Nov 2020
Peripatetic Nurse - £18.50 - £20 per hour – choice of days or nights
Are you a compassionate nurse with an active pin and experience in a senior role?
Are you passionate about providing outstanding care to elderly and infirm patients?
Would you like to work for a progressive company that truly lives up to its values?
We are recruiting For a Peripatetic Nurse for a highly regarded group of nursing homes, based between Taunton and South Wales.
As a leading provider of elderly care, this nursing home is looking for highly skilled and dedicated nurses to help improve patient outcomes and be an ambassador for the service.
They are looking for a flexible nurse with a proven background of improving patient outcomes to provide expert clinical assistance to whichever home is in greatest need. You will not need to travel between homes on a daily basis, and your mileage will be paid.
Due to the location of the homes, a candidate in the areas of Glastonbury, Bristol, Bath or Gloucester would be ideal.
Education, Skills and qualifications - Peripatetic Nurse
· Valid NMC Pin
· Considerable experience in elderly nursing
- Prior work in a peripatetic or roaming role would be desirable
- A full valid driving licence with own car
· Excellent communication skills
· Leadership qualities
· A calm, compassionate nature
Job Role: Peripatetic Nurse
· Review care plans to ensure their provisions are sensible, patient-focused, and are adhered to at all times.
· Ensure medication rounds, risk assessments and infection control procedures accord with NMC guidelines
· Assist in training and supervising junior staff
· Handle complaints and patient/relatives queries
· Participate in MDT meetings and liaise with GP's and outside clinical authorities
· Take a person-centred approach
·Communicate effectively with staff at all levels
·Handle challenging situations calmly
Benefits - Peripatetic Nurse
· Comprehensive induction and tailored career development plan
· Free DBS
· Paid breaks and handovers
- Mileage paid
· Store discounts
· Complimentary uniform
· Contributory Pension scheme
· Discount shopping scheme
· Opportunities for progression and CPD
· Support with revalidation
· Free life insurance
If you would like to be considered for this vacancy, please contact Danny on 01473 924990, or apply now with an up to date CV