CNS - Learning Disability and Autism
Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 41956.0 - 55315.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 Sep 2020
- 29 Sep 2020
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Learning Disability and Autism)
Grade: Band 7
Salary: £41,956 - £50,004 BAR £51,716 - £55,315 per annum
Permanent, Full time
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the largest hospitals in Guernsey to recruit a Clinical Nurse Specialist (Learning Disability and Autism) to join their team.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Learning Disability and Autism, you will work with a variety of people including service users, their relatives and carers, Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health Professional's, Nurse Consultants/Clinical Nurse Specialists, laboratory staff, theatres, Clinical Nurse Specialists, outpatients department and any other person coming into contact with the person on their hospital or primary care pathway.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Be an advocate for all patients with learning disabilities and/or autism, their families and carers who access acute, primary care and specialist medical settings across the balliwick.
- Provide information, clinical advice and support to people with learning disabilities and/or autism and families/carers and act as a designated resource to other professionals involved in their care.
- Be a highly competent, knowledgeable and visible practitioner ensuring the provision of high-quality evidence-based nursing care for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
- Ensure that each person with a learning disability and/or autism is assessed, and their care planned, implemented and evaluated in negotiation with the family and other staff caring for person, and that this is accurately communicated and documented.
- Ensure support is available to the person, their families/carers to navigate through the hospital, primary care and specialist medical services.
Skills and experience:
- Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (Essential).
- Evidence of CPD at degree level (Essential).
- Degree in Nursing (Learning Disabilities) (Essential).
- Leadership skills (Essential).
- Excellent understanding of learning disabilities and/or autism (Essential).
- Good understanding of acute, primary care and medical specialist settings (Essential).
- Good IT skills (Desirable).
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided - up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on Applyfor more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.