Surgical Ward Nurse
Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 25000.0 - 31000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Sep 2020
- 14 Oct 2020
£25,000 - £31,000 p/a| Surgical Ward | Full or Part-Time Contracts - Internal Rotation | Great Staff Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a leading Hitchin hospital for an experienced Adult Nurse/RGN with an acute/surgical ward nursing background to join their wards nursing team.
What this Surgical Ward Nurse role will involve and what the hospital is offering:
• Full or part-time contracts of 22.5 to 37.5 hours per week on flexible shift patterns that cover a 24/7 rota
• An excellent annual salary in the region of £25,000 to £31,000 depending on experience, or the pro-rata equivalent
• 33 days annual leave which increases with service length
• Free on-site parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
• A range of training, development and career development opportunities
• Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
• Some great retail, leisure and lifestyle discounts
• Free uniforms
• A private pension scheme and life assurance
• Staff assistance and support programmes
• A range of programmes to support staff wellbeing, including company sick pay and private healthcare schemes
As Surgical Ward Nurse, you will manage a patient caseload and will be responsible for ensuring the highest standards of patient care and safety and of customer service.
You will primarily work with patients following elective surgical procedures, with the hospital specialising in orthopaedics, cardiology and cosmetics in addition to offering gynaecology, urology and general surgical services.
The skills, experience, qualifications and qualities our client is looking for in a Surgical Ward Nurse:
• NMC Registered Level 1 Adult General Nurse/RGN
• Demonstrate previous experience working in an acute/surgical ward nursing environment, ideally with orthopaedic/cosmetic/general experience
• Evidence of continuing professional development, ideally including having completed a recognised teaching and mentorship qualification in addition to clinically based studies
• Confident in all aspects of the planning and delivery of patient care, working well independently and collaboratively
If you are interested and would like to apply now, please follow the link provided.
For further details, please call Lee Hutchinson at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.