Mobile PIP Disability Assessor - South East England
- £ 37450.0 - 43870.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Sep 2020
- 8 Oct 2020
Location: South East England
Salary: £37,450 - £43,870 + bonus
Hours: Monday - Friday, full or part-time hours available
Company: Independent Assessment Services
Clinical Staff groups:
NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
HCPC Registered Physiotherapist
HCPC Registered Occupational Therapist (OT)
HCPC Registered Paramedic
Government legislation requires the individual to have at least two years’ post qualification work experience.
Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic looking for a rewarding new challenge?
If so, Independent Assessment Services (IAS) has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your clinical skills and qualify as a Mobile Disability Assessor. You will be rewarded with a fantastic benefits package, with no weekend work required.
Your primary role will be to conduct Health & Disability assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
It will involve a mixture of home consultations and consultation centre-based appointments, working on a rotational basis with 2 weeks away and 1 week at your home location. When working away, the role will still combine home and centre-based consultations, so although autonomous will still mean interacting with managers and colleagues.
Given the travel and the wide range of disabilities and conditions encountered, the role will be varied and will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team working throughout The South East, flexibility to travel anywhere is required to carry out this exciting and challenging role. You will need a valid driver's licence and be fully flexible to travel anywhere in the South East. You will receive comprehensive training as part of a 20 week induction and receive ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals.
Why should you apply:
· Use your clinical expertise in a new way whilst enjoying a great work-life balance and enhancing your medical knowledge in a friendly team environment
· A premium, low emission company car is provided and all work-related travel paid for
· A huge investment is made in you as an employee from the start, especially during the professional training you will complete to become a Government accredited Disability Analyst
· Within the first 3 months you will undertake over 140 hours of CPD, along with continuous professional development opportunities to keep you at the top of your game!
· Excellent career development potential
· Fantastic benefits on offer including a pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions, professional registration reimbursement and life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance + many more
· Overtime is often available - evenings and weekends
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying online or by calling 0203 8541845
This job was posted to A&E nurse, Community mental health nurse, Community learning disability nurse in Kent, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentMargate, Kent, England
KMPT Staff [... Click Apply...] pension schemeYour employer pays 14.3% towards your pension and life assurance benefits.Please see...
£ 28.0 - 29.0 Per hourFull timeContract...Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England
Athona is currently recruiting for an ongoing locum Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN) in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. The post is ...