Brighton, East Sussex, England
- £ 73000.0 - 74000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 8 Sep 2020
- 6 Oct 2020
Matron - Brighton Nuffield Health - circa £74,000 plus fantastic benefits
Nuffield Health, the UK's largest not for profit healthcare provider, is looking for a Matron (Head of Clinical Services) at our Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital.
At Nuffield Health, you will discover nursing as it should be - with more time to care, and to get to know the people who are our patients. What's more, we are proud to deliver Matron-led care. You will enjoy a highly visible role, as a clinical leader with a true passion for delivering excellent personalised care.
Responsibilities of a Matron:
- Ensuring your hospital provides safe and effective care to people experiencing a diverse range of surgical and medical interventions.
- Delivering effective operational management and inspirational leadership.
- Across wards, theatres, outpatients, pharmacy, radiology, imaging, oncology, physiotherapy and pathology, you will champion improvement to clinical standards, care and service.
- As a role model for excellent clinical governance, you will provide strategy and direction for the hospital.
- Always being approachable and accessible to patients, relatives, consultants and colleagues alike.
Our Ideal Matron will have:
- A track record of achievement in managing, leading and developing nursing practice.
- Proven experience of line managing and leading clinical teams and services.
- In depth knowledge of the health care regulatory agenda and mechanisms.
- An ability to stabilise teams, re-engage and recognize them, lead through periods of change and developing business needs, driving standards of care and a passion for health.
- The ability to quickly understand the clinical challenges facing the hospital and build excellent relationships with internal customers (such as Consultants) and external bodies.
- A thorough understanding of evidence-based practice and a track record of implementing these practices in a clinical setting.
As well as being in a positive, patient-focused place of work, you will also benefit from:
- Free private healthcare
- Free gym membership with discounted personal training at Nuffield Health & Fitness Centres
- Free annual health assessments
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with contribution-matching up to 6%
- Shopping discounts and special offers
Situated in Woodingdean, Nuffield Health Brighton has been providing patients in Sussex with the highest standards in clinical excellence since 1975.
We have a special focus in the areas of orthopaedics, spinal surgery, ophthalmology, men's health, gynaecology, Gender Affirmation Surgery and Oncology.
We offer everything our patients need at our hospital, from comfortable surroundings with spectacular views of the sea and downs to on-site parking.
An overview of our hospital facilities:
- 31 patient rooms with en-suite facilities
- 10 short stay rooms
- 4 dedicated Oncology rooms
- Kestrel Oncology Day Case Suite
- Spacious Out Patient consulting rooms
- 3 major operating theatres, 2 with laminar flow
- 2 minor ops rooms
- 1 endoscopy suite
- Diagnostic and imaging department with X-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound and mammography
- Physiotherapy gym and treatment rooms
- Health Assessments
- On-site pathology laboratory
- 24hr resident medical officer
We are a not for profit organisation
Nuffield Health is a not for profit organisation, which means we reinvest
profits into your care, through equipment, facilities and the training of our staff, rather
than paying shareholders. Patients are at the heart of our business.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you?
If you have any enquiries about the role, please contact Charlotte Tincombe (Talent Acquisition Manager)
Salary - circa £74,000 plus fantastic benefits
Closing date -2nd October 2020
Location - Brighton Nuffield Health Hospital
Contract Type - Permanent, Full Time
Weekly Hours - 37.5
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32750.0 - 34250.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHorsham, West Sussex, England
Registered Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with complex health needs, which may include autism or learning disabilit...
£ 25000.0 - 34250.0 Per yearFull timePermanentHorsham, West Sussex, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with neurological conditions - An exciting opportunity has arisen for ...