Functional Assessor Registered Nurse
Fareham, Hampshire, England
- £ 38760.0 - 38760.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Sep 2020
- 1 Oct 2020
To conduct medical assessments and examinations using clinical knowledge and experience to produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team.
- To undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments of customers in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP. File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment. Such assessments focus on how a disability affects a customer's day to day life in performing work related activities. These assessments may be recorded.
- To use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- To provide comprehensive reports to enable Decision Makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and "best practice" are maintained in all areas of work.
- To deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between CHDA and DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- To undertake recorded assessments where required.
- To work unsupervised and use own initiative however know personal limitations and ask for support where necessary.
- To analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a report in a professional and concise manner.
- Work well as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both clinical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence
Training, Experience and Qualifications:
- NMC Registered Nurse with a minimum of two years broad based post registration experience. Recent, within the past five years, experience working with adults with a range of clinical conditions
- Demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development in accordance with the NMC requirements for registration.
- IT literate with experience of using a range of software.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to establish and maintain a strong customer focus, ensuring effective relationships and a quality service.
- Previous experience of functional or disability assessment and experience of clinical decision making.
- Valid UK driving license
- Diversity and / or disability awareness training or formal qualification
Ref: CHDA Fareham