Deputy Ward Manager - Eating Disorders
Stapleton, Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- £ 30754.5 - 30754.5 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 1 Sep 2020
- 1 Oct 2020
Join us today at Priory Hospital Bristol and receive our £1500 welcome to Priory bonus
A driven and dynamic Nurse?
An experienced RMN/RNLD wanting to take the next step in your career?
Wanting to make a difference to someone's life?
Ready for a new challenge?
Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If you've answered yes to the above then get in touch with our Nurse Recruiter Adam O'Shea on Apply
About The Role :
We are seeking a full time, Deputy Ward Manager on Lotus, our specialist Eating Disorder Unit.
Reporting to the Ward Manager, you will be involved in the assistance of managing the ward, staff rotas and engagement, ensuring the highest standards are maintained in personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of eating disorders, affecting their mental and physical health. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you are able to work unsupervised with a degree of autonomy and be able to motivate and guide your team, in a fast paced environment.
What you will need:
* Experience of working with Eating Disorders
* High levels of customer service
* A strong sense of responsibility & ownership
* Willingness to learn
* Effective communication skills
* Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
For further information or to ask any further questions about the role, please contact Andy Smith, Deputy Hospital Director on Apply.
What we'd like to offer you:
* Excellent salary (plus enhancements for nights, weekends & bank holidays)
* Many benefits in line with the NHS
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Free on-site parking
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Flexibility with the introduction of our new e-rostering system which will allow you to book additional shifts through an online portal in the future
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* Subsidised meals
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Refer a friend to nursing bonus
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs) up to £4000 (Terms apply)
* Payment into the pension scheme
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of your choice
About Priory Hospital Bristol:
Priory Hospital Bristol is part of the Healthcare Division of Priory Group and has 86 beds over eight wards varying from Eating Disorders, Acute Mental Health, Acquired Brain Injury, CAMHs Tier 4, CAMHs PICU, Huntingdon's and Dementia.
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.