Bank Registered Mental Health Nurse
Stapleton, Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- £ 14.72 - 14.72 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 1 Sep 2020
- 1 Oct 2020
Want to make money on the side, on top of your normal job? Want to make your own hours? Want to give the Private sector a go?
In 2020, we understand that some people don't just want 1 job or 1 source of income. We understand that some people want the flexibility to work the hours they want.
Our Bank/Casual roles offer all of this, along with weekly pay and a full induction when you start.
Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpatient treatment for up to 85 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Nurses (RMN / RNLD ) to deliver first class care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues.
* Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
* Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
* Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
* Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
* Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
* Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families / carers.
* Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team
* Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
* Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe environment.
* Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and revalidation.
* Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
* Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers
* Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
* Undertake the role of "Preceptor" to newly qualified staff.
* Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
* Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
* Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
* Adhere to Priory Group policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
What we need from you:
* Qualified Registered Nurse (RMN / RNLD), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
* Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
* Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
* Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are proud to offer
* Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
* Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
* Free on-site parking
* SMART Pension
* Online benefits and cash back rewards such as Cycle to work scheme
*terms and conditions apply
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.