Deputy Ward Manager - Lower Court
Wandsworth, London, Greater London, England
- £ 36000.0 - 43000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 27 Aug 2020
- 26 Sep 2020
Join us today at Priory Hospital Roehampton and receive our £3000 welcome to Priory bonus
A driven and dynamic Nurse?
An experienced RMN wanting to take the next step in your career?
Wanting to make a difference to someone's life?
Ready for a new challenge?
Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If you've answered yes to the above then get in touch with our nurse Recruiter Adam O'Shea today on Apply
We are proud to offer you:
* Excellent salary
* Many benefits in line with the NHS
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* NMC Payment in full
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised Meals
* Free use of onsite gym facilities
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Improved CPD application & panel process
* £250 Contribution towards CPD
* Leadership & management development
* Support with your Revalidation
About The Role :
The role of the Deputy Ward Manager is to provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team in support of the Ward manager. They will have a degree of clinical experience and leadership that provides expertise and confidence to the nursing team and ward overall. They will have defined delegated responsibilities from the ward manager; have six days every four weeks of protected time for their deputy Ward Manager duties and have supervisory responsibilities for an agreed group of staff.
Applies relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
Our ideal Deputy Ward Manager :
* Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met
* Respects and applies the requirements of equality and diversity, promoting and role modelling these across the team
* dentifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these
* Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard
* Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision
* Implements, monitors and evaluates therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, enabling people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies;
* Engages in collaborative problem solving, supporting and encouraging clients to take ownership of issues, identify problems and to develop solutions to them based on their own needs and preferences
* Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
* Is named nurse for a small group of patients, acting as Associate nurse for colleagues when on duty, and is a regular shift leader
About Priory Roehampton:
Set back within landscaped gardens, the tranquil environment of the Priory Hospital Roehampton offers calming and recovery focused residential treatment for up to 100 service users, as well as day care and outpatient services.
Specialising in the management and treatment of mental health problems including addictions and eating disorders, our multidisciplinary team deliver personalised treatment programmes and have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
In May 2019 Priory Roehampton was rated Good by the CQC. Click below to read the full report.
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Wandsworth, London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 33000.0 - 37000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentWandsworth, London, Greater London, England
Join our new private CAMHS ward today at Priory Hospital Roehampton and receive our £3000 welcome to Priory bonus Are you? A driven...
£ 31920.52 - 35073.67 Per yearFull timePermanentMaidenhead, Berkshire, England
Newly qualified or experienced Registered Mental Health nurses ( RMN ), Registered Learning Disabilities Nurses ( RNLD or RNMH ) an...
£ 31385.7 - 31385.7 Per yearFull timePermanentKnaphill, Woking, Surrey, England
Join us today at Priory Hospital Woking and receive our £1500 Welcome to Priory Bonus! Are you? A driven and dynamic Nurse? An expe...