Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or (RNLD)
Orpington, Greater London, England
- £ 30500.0 - 30500.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 27 Aug 2020
- 26 Sep 2020
Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) or (RNLD) Plus £5,000 Welcome Bonus.
A driven and dynamic Nurse?
An experienced RMN wanting to return to the profession after a career break?
Wanting to make a difference to someone's life?
Ready for a new challenge?
Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If you've answered yes to the above then get in touch with our nurse Recruiter Natalie Nash today on Applyand make the first step towards your exciting future with The Priory.
Kent House is a Low Secure Mental Health Hospital for young women 12 to 18 years of age who are detained under the Mental Health Act. It also has an Ofsted Registered school attached dedicated to support the young people with all aspects of education.
The service, on the outskirts of Orpington, has close links and transport to the local community and amenities.
We provide compassionate care for the young women admitted in a supportive environment adhering to the principles of Positive Behaviour Support, underpinned by thorough risk assessment and management. We are members of the Royal College of Psychiatry Quality Network for CAMHS.
We are seeking nurses who want to work in a dynamic and supportive environment who can work collaboratively with young women who have complex needs. Nurses who will take up their roles to lead in the design and delivery of care with colleagues as members of an MDT.
You will be central to providing high quality care within a Rehabilitation setting. The patient group may consist of Personality Disordered, Enduring Mental Illness and Learning Disabilities
You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolio.
Our Staff Nurse role involves:
* Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient.
* Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual.
* Compiling a positive risk management plan.
* Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework.
* Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patient
* Contributing to the development of Health Care Workers
* Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift.
* Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting.
* Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the interdisciplinary team.
* Managing medication as per hospital policy.
* Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct.
* To be successful for the higher level nurse positions you would be expected to take on a higher level of responsibility in the above tasks; beyond monitoring, reviewing and contributing. You would also need to be able to undertake the role of supervising and managing staff.
* Completion of pre-registration/ Preceptorship
* Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development.
* Experience of working in a similar environment and role
* A focus on patient centred care
* Demonstrable experience of being a team player
* Ability to be self-motivated and flexible
* For higher level nursing position strong Leadership and management of people skills
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* A contributory pension scheme
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* NMC Payment in full
* £5000 Welcome to Priory bonus
* Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
* Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
* If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
* To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
* Payment into the pension scheme
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of their choice
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse, Ward learning disability nurse, Ward childrens nurse in Orpington, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Neonatal ICU Nurse role that's right for you here, our jobsite is updated daily with a variety of new Nursi...