Mental Health Practitioner - GP Practice
Yeovil, Somerset, England
- £ 35000.0 - 38000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Manager, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Aug 2020
- 8 Feb 2021
Chase Medical are recruiting for a Mental Health Practitioner to work with a GP Surgery in Yeovil, on a salaried basis where you will be working with an experienced and established large team. The post holder will have a sound understanding of mental health within a Primary Care setting and will be the initial point of contact for patients first presenting with mental health issues, within the Acute Care Team.
The role aims to improve the experience for our patients with mental health needs who would otherwise have seen a GP.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop this new role to further integrate mental health services into the primary care team.
The vacancy is up to full time hours, and a degree of flexibility can be offered around this for the right candidate. The salary on offer is negotiable up to £38,000. There are also other fantastic benefits to working with this surgery, including excellent in-house training, 27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Medical Indemnity and NHS Pension payments included.
The surgery is a Training Practice, and so they take pride in the development of their staff, and career progression is common amongst the team. As part of the role, the successful candidate will be encouraged to participate in clinical supervision and annual appraisals, maintaining and taking charge of your own personal development. You will also be encouraged to collaborate with the lead GP and practice manager on any new training requirements.
- To work as part of the Practice Clinical team, triaging/signposting to other community services and following up patients identified within the Practice population
- To liaise with and refer onto secondary mental health services, community services, voluntary and public sector agencies as required
- To work independently in the Practice, providing assessment, treatment and referral of patients with specified mental health problems and unexplained symptoms.
- To make initial primary assessment of crisis management calls into the Practice, assess urgency and formulate a plant for initial management and follow up.
If you'd like to apply for this post then please contact Sarah at Chase Medical on 0114 2757421, or you can send your CV straight through by clicking APPLY NOW.
Chase Medical are a specialist Primary Care recruitment agency. We work with GP Surgeries locally to source the best jobs out there, negotiating salaries and employment conditions for our valued candidates. If you're interested in this job, or want to know about the other vacancies we have then contact us today!
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse in Yeovil, Somerset, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 18.0 - 20.0 Per hourFull timeContractSheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Hunter Mental Health have an opportunity for an experienced Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse, to join a well established servi...
£ 24.0 - 26.0 Per hourFull timeContract...High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England
Athona is currently recruiting for an ongoing locum Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN) in OxfordshireThe post holder will be ...