Ward Manager - Male Acute Service - AHP applicants also accepted
Hassocks, West Sussex, England
- £ 43412 - 43412 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 31 Jul 2020
- 30 Aug 2020
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU/PICU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Ward Manager to join our team!
Edith Cavell is our 18 bed male acute admissions ward which serves nationally for those who are experiencing a mental health crisis and require a short period of stability to support positive mental health.
This is a fast paced environment which requires a dynamic leader to support the nursing team in the planning and implementing of day to day nursing care.
The Ward has a well established MDT which includes a full time Consultant, junior doctor, Occupational Therapist and Assistant, along with support from our central Psychology function, in respect of site-wide group facilitation and ward based reflective practice.
We are currently considering applications from Allied Health professionals for this position, along with Registered Nurses.
- Planning and co-ordinating the quality and management of nursing care, patient care and the clinical environment
- Rota management
- Making sure that the physical healthcare needs of patients are assessed and managed effectively
- Ensuring that all patients have clear current care plans that reflect their personalised needs
- Undertaking direct patient care where necessary
- Ensuring the ward complies with statutory regulations, current legislation and meets quality standards
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of nursing resources
- Ensuring that all members of the nursing team receive clinical supervision, appraisal, CPD requirements and complete mandatory training
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to personal learning and development, evidence and values based practice and patient centred care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Registered Mental Health Nursing qualification or Allied Health Professional
- Currently registered with the NMC or HCPC
- Trained as a Mentor
- Experience of clinical audit and/ or service improvement based on evidence desirable
- Computer literate
- Experience supervising nursing staff
What we can give you:
- Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)
- Opportunities for further career development
- Health cash plan and Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership, IT, healthcare cash plan, shopping discounts)
- Free meals and parking on site whilst on duty
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Hassocks, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 26758 - 32000 Per yearFull timePermanentTicehurst, Wadhurst, East Sussex, England
Join us today at Priory Hospital Ticehurst and receive our £5000 welcome to Priory bonus Are you? A driven and dynamic Nurse? An ex...