Registered Mental Health Nurse - £3,000 welcome bonus
Cardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
- £ 28071 - 33411 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 31 Jul 2020
- 30 Aug 2020
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting nurses across two of our Healthcare sites; Ty Catrin and Calverton, relocation packages may offered depending on distance from these sites.
Ty Catrin is a low secure mental illness and personality disorder service for men and women who require a medium-term placement and recovery-orientated specialist treatment in order to progress on their care pathway towards rehabilitation care.
The facility is split into six wards along with semi-independent flats onsite.
Priory Calverton Hill provides acute adult mental health services, delivered in partnership with Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust, at our purpose built facility in Arnold. After two years of successfully providing services for women, we opened a second service in May on behalf of the Trust, for male patients and we are about to open our brand new PICU service.
To assist and support staff in the management of the ward and to ensure that in their absence, the effective management of the ward is maintained.As a Staff Nurse you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals.You will be central to providing high quality care within a locked, specialised mental health medium secure / low secure and rehabilitation and recovery setting. The patient group consists of Personality Disordered Learning Disability and Enduring Mental Illness.You will work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolio.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work flexibility
* Basic Literacy skills
* Basic Knowledge of general mental health issues
* Common sense approach to problem solving.
* Basic numeracy skills
* Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
* RMN / RNLD /RMNH
* Pre-registration - complete / Preceptorship.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Sign on bonus - £1500 Welcome to Priory - either a sign on bonus or an e-voucher code for the Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
* Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
* Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
* If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of their choice
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* A contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Personal health insurance
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* Private Dental Cover
* Flexible Benefits Packages
* £250 Contribution towards CPD
* NMC Payment in full
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes. Apply
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.