Preceptorship Mental Health Nurse ( RMN )
Kegworth, Derby, Leicestershire, England
- £ 33400 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Jul 2020
- 29 Aug 2020
- Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Salary: £16 - £20 per hour ( £33,400 - £42,000 per annum ) - negotiable depending on your experience
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 or 40.25 hours)
- Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
The Hospital : This is a brand-new Hospital which opened in May 2019. The hospital has four 7 bedded wards in total, with three wards opened so far. Three wards are acute mental health (2x female & 1x male) and the final ward due to open will be a PICU ward. The first ward opened in May 2019, the second in July 2019 and the third in September 2019. The forth ward is due to open in August 2020. We are currently recruiting nurses to join the Acute & PICU wards.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a brilliant organisation but to also join a new team and a developing service. You will have the opportunity to influence and develop the service and their ways of working.
The Hospital continually strives to live up to their excellent reputation. The Hospital has an excellent recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment and a very enthusiastic and innovative team. Staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training.
The Management: The Hospital Manager has been working within the industry for the past 38 years and has a wealth of knowledge which aids the Manager in supporting, training and developing their staff.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses (mental health nurse or learning disability nurse ), the hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. Nurses will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where nurses can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Nurses will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. Nurses will receive ongoing support from your Manager. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role.
Location: The Hospital is very easily accessed by car and they have free parking on site. They are also on a bus route. The hospital has very good access to the M1, M42 and A50. The Hospital is close to the following locations:
- 4 miles from Loughborough
- 12 miles from Derby
- 15 miles from Leicester
- 12 miles from Nottingham
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- They are a BRAND NEW service which gives nurses an opportunity to influence, develop and put their mark on a new service
- Very supportive work environment - regular clinical supervisions and case note review meetings to ensure best practice (done in a supportive manner)
- An opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and innovative team
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Free on-site parking
- Highly subsidised meals (free meals if eating with the patients, very cheap meals otherwise)
- Access to development opportunities including:
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Kegworth, Derby, Leicestershire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 29252.7 - 29252.7 Per yearFull timePermanentArnold, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't e...