London, Greater London, England
- £ 32000 - 41000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 Jul 2020
- 19 Aug 2020
At TTM Healthcare we are proud to have partnered with a leading private hospital group with locations all over the UK and continuously growing. They currently offer treatment to patients undergoing medical and surgical interventions including general surgery, ENT, gastroenterology, gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, oncology and cardiology. They operate within state of the art facilities equipped with the latest technology and also offer a range of diagnostics imaging tests and scans. Their hospitals are able to offer the most complex surgeries to patients with exceptional aftercare both inpatient and outpatient.
The overall responsibility within this role is to work assist the surgical team by donning sterile masks, gloves and gowns as well as aid the physician by passing instruments during surgery.
YOUR CLINICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working alongside the Theatre Manager as a Theatre Practitioner you will be responsible for assessing, planning and implementing the right standards of care to all patients who are undergoing surgical procedures. Your day to day will involve preparing the equipment and instruments according to the needs of the patient and the surgeon's specifications, updating the surgeon's preference cards, ensuring all equipment is checked prior to use, reporting any faults immediately and working as part of a cohesive team. As a Theatre Practitioner you may also be assigned other ad hoc duties as required by senior members of staff.
YOUR EDUCATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Nursing Degree or Operating Department Practitioner
NMC Registration or HCPC Registration
To be eligible for the role, you will need to:
• At least 1 year experience working as a Theatre Nurse or an Operating Department Practitioner with relevant registration
• Competency scrubbing across a range of specialties
• Have the ability adapt easily to a new working environment and being a member of a new team dynamic.
• Have innate attention to detail and a strong ability to work well under pressure.
• Have excellent communication skills considering the type of environment you will be working in
• Competency across a range of healthcare based computer programmes
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Holiday entitlement
• GP services
• Life Assurance
• Season Ticket Loan
• Eye Test
• Childcare Vouchers
• Gym Membership
• Continued professional development
Apply now for a call back to discuss the role in more detail Ref IND MAN
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.