Bank Staff Nurse Mental Health - Band 5
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 1 Jul 2020
- 30 Jul 2020
So, you’re eager to learn more about working as a Mental Health Bank Nurse at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- We are a centre of excellence for health care in the South West in a number of fields as well as being one of the largest hospital trusts in the UK
- Our Mental Health Nurses work within critical areas of our Acute Service
- The Emergency Department - treats people who have serious and life-threatening injuries and conditions and is a designated regional trauma centre for the south west. The department sees many patients with mental health presentations and has close link with the Mental Health Liaison Team
- The Acute Medical Unit - a fast paced environment, specialising in the assessment and treatment of patients presenting with acute medical complaints, a large number of which also present with complex mental health needs.
- Our values mean we are passionate about great care at North Bristol Trust and our patients know our primary focus is to provide ‘Exceptional Healthcare, Personally Delivered’
- State of the art facilities- you will be based within our award winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- An excellent location - the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
But it’s not just our Trust which is exciting; our Trust Nursing bank is innovative, impressive and inclusive. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- As an NBTextra nurse you can work flexibly to suit your individual circumstances.
- Our NBTeXtra nurses are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits; access to the NHS Pension scheme, free DBS and full training, induction and revalidation support. We also have competitive rates available for shifts Trust wide
- £17.01* per hour – Week Days
- £21.55* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- £26.09* per hour – Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
- You will increase your skill set by working with multidisciplinary teams to deliver all aspects of patient care, and you’ll work with consultants, junior doctors, AHPS, You will receive paid induction (2 days on site induction (social distancing observed) and e-learning accessible from home).
- All NBTextra nurses receive free uniform
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Do you…
- Hold RMN registration with current NMC license to practice
- Have relevant experience within the last 18-24 months
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 2 week induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into (search ApplyBTNursing on Twitter , Facebook , Linkedin and Instagram )
- Contact us to find out more: Apply or Apply
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Please note that this Trust does not reimburse travel expenses relating to interview attendance.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the Disability Act / Two Ticks scheme and require further support/advice, please contact us on tel Apply.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant(s) will normally commence at the minimum of the scale unless they have previous NHS service at the same band. Progression through the scale is by annual increments.
Staff identify as 'At Risk' and who meet the essential shortlisting criteria of the post will be prioritised. Priority will be given to North Bristol NHS Trust employees in the first instance.
Please note that North Bristol NHS Trust has an arrangement with a number of organisations (please find a list below) whereby we confidentially share previous pre-employment
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 28071 - 33411 Per yearFull timePermanentCardiff, Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't e...