Staff Nurse - Intellectual Disabiltiy Service, Wicklow
- € 30009 - 46501 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Jun 2020
- 21 Jul 2020
Staff Nurse | Intellectual Disability | Permanent | Wicklow
Staff Nurse required for a residential unit in Co Wicklow. This 13 bedded service provides support for older persons with intellectual disabilities and health care needs.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, the staff nurse must have experience working with people who have difficulties expressing their needs due to complex communication issues and have the ability to put appropriate support plans in place.
Hours will involve variable shift patterns to include day evening, nights and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To managing complex, responsive behaviours and developing appropriate support plans
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
- Must be a registered nurse with the NMBI - RGN, RPN, RNID
- Must have experience of working with adults with intellectual disability
- Must have a full driving license and access to a car
- Must be willing to work over a 7 day period.
- HSE Pay scales with yearly increment
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory pension
- First class training
- Support and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Further education sponsorship and supports to include paid study leave
- Extended parental leave options
For more information or to apply, please send your CV via the link to APPLY NOW
For enquiries, please call Leona on Apply
TTM Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.