Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
- £ 14.21 - 16 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Jun 2020
- 30 Jul 2020
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Grafton Manor provides highly specialised neuro-behavioural rehabilitation for men and women aged 18 years and older, with an acquired brain injury, including traumatic brain injury and strokes. The rehabilitation programme at Grafton Manor is particularly aimed at helping people who have experienced cognitive, behavioural and emotional changes as a consequence of brain injury to ensure they can access all areas of rehabilitation.
The site, set in a quiet village in peaceful countryside, includes an attractive, historic and purpose-fitted cottage called The Chantry, a flat and a studio flat. We also have two community houses situated in Kingsley just outside of Northampton. The split consists of:
Grafton Manor - 13 beds
The Chantry - 5 beds
Cottage, Flat and Studio flat - 3 beds
Community Houses in Kingsley - 6 beds
This established care pathway of 27 beds enables people with acquired brain injury to maximise their independence at any stage of their post-acute recovery journey.
Our Bank Nurse role involves:
* Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
* Providing high quality care with patients suffering from acquired brain injury
* Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
* Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
* Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
* Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
* Promoting professional development within the team.
To be successful as Bank Nurse, you'll need:
* A RMN, RGN, RNMH or RNLD qualification
* Experience in a supervisory role
* The ability to assess and teach junior staff
* A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
* The drive to learn and develop
* A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
* A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
What we would like to give you:
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
* A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
* Free meals while on duty
* Care first - Employee Assistance Services
* Continuous learning and development
* Career development
* An employee assistance programme
* Voluntary Benefit
* NMC payment in full
* £250 contribution towards CPD
A driving license is essential as we are based in a remote area, and there are no buses to the hospital if you are on an early shift.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 38000 - 40000 Per yearFull timePermanentDunstable, Bedfordshire, England
Clinical Assessor - Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) Or Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN)Location - Luton / Dunstable (LU)Salar...
£ 31000 - 33000 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Neots, Cambridgeshire, England
Staff Nurse - Neurological rehabilitation Newly qualified or experienced Registered Adult Nurse, Registered Mental Health or Regist...