Occupational Heath Advisor
Preston, Lancashire, England
- £ 39000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 Jun 2020
- 29 Dec 2020
Occupational Health Advisor – Preston – F/T – Up to £39k per annum
We are working with an NHS provider of Occupational Health Services to source an Occupational Health Advisor to be based in Preston.
Whilst the client is an NHS organisation, the role is working with non-NHS clients, including universities, public sector organisations, commercial clients, and industrial clients. The role involves the full remit of Occupational Health.
Main duties of the role include:
• To provide written reports on sickness/absence assessments and reviews to Managers, HR, and GP’s etc.
• Organise, participate and contribute to Health Promotion activities.
• Promote and advise on rehabilitation and resettlement in the workplace.
• Provide a comprehensive Health Surveillance programme.
• To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided.
• Manage and participate in the delivery of an immunisation service.
• Co-ordinate and participate in workplace risk assessments.
Requirements of the role:
• Registration with NMC Part 1.
• Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma.
• Full UK driving licence with use of own car.
• IT literacy and competence.
• Experience of Case Management and provision of OH advice.
• Experience of general medicals and health surveillance.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week. The role is based mainly out of a site in Preston with some travel in the North West to various client sites. This travel is usually up to 30 miles from Preston. Therefore, whilst this is a peripatetic role you will be working 2 to 4 days a week in Preston and any travel is reasonably local within Lancashire.
Salary is up to £39,000 per annum plus NHS benefits package.
Please apply now if you are interested.