Registered Mental Health Nurse
Dorking, Surrey, England
- £ 27824 - 33153 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
A driven and dynamic Nurse?
An experienced RMN wanting to return to the profession after a career break?
Wanting to make a difference to someone's life?
Ready for a new challenge?
Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If you've answered yes to the above then get in touch with our nurse Recruiter Natalie Nash today on Applyand make the first step towards your exciting future with The Priory.
Pelham Woods is a 21 bed inpatient rehabilitation service which serves the needs of women who have complex mental health problems and a history of challenging behaviour. The site has a Good rating overall with 'Outstanding' for 'Well-led'.
Pelham Woods is set in picturesque grounds overlooking the Surrey Hills and has extensive facilities including onsite Gym, Purpose Built Bake off Kitchen as well as Occupational and Educational Facilities.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse at Pelham Woods you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals. You will assist and support staff in the management of the ward and will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and be expected to complete an appropriate competency development portfolio. You will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, Mentorship and Appraisal.
Our RMN role involves:
* Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
* Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
* Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
* Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
* At a more senior level, you'll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
* RMN / RMNH
* Pre-Registration - complete / Preceptorship
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
* Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
* Free car parking and Free onsite meals
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* A contributory pension scheme
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* NMC Payment in full
* Payment into the pension scheme
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of their choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes. Apply
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Dorking, Surrey, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27824 - 37537.5 Per yearFull timePermanentHassocks, West Sussex, England
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't e...