Registered Nurse - Complex Care / Brain Injury
Immingham, Lincolnshire, England
- £ 26000 - 39605 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 11 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Registered Nurse - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified preceptorship nurse or experienced registered nurse ( Adult Nurse - RGN, Mental Health Nurse - RMN or Learning Disability Nurse - RNLD ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist care home for young adults with complex needs including mental health and physical health, neurological disorders, brain injury and complex dementia in Immingham, near Grimsby. The Care Home has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the Care Home is very team orientated and the Manager has an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued. They are very proud of their recent GOOD CQC rating.
* Location: Immingham, near Grimsby - Lincolnshire
* Service Type: Specialist Care Home for young adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury and stroke rehabilitation, mental health and complex dementia
* Salary: £15.81 - £17.31 per hour ( £26,340.00 - £39,605.28 per annum ) - negotiable depending on your experience
* Hours : Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 22, 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week)
* Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Care Home Details: The Care Home is a 30 bed home split into three 10-bedded units. In addition to the main home, the service provides a transitional care pathway offering a six bedroom apartment and two one bed apartments for those returning to life in the community or for people with a progressive condition who may not yet require complex nursing care. They are committed to providing the best care and support to all of their Service Users, the average ratio of staff in this home is 10 Support Workers to every nurse and 1 Nurse to 10 Service Users. They are rated highly on carehome.co.uk and have several fantastic reviews left by services users and relatives of services users. Below is a recent example of a review left by the relative of a service user:
"The care and facilities are excellent. The team are always polite, friendly and helpful. The team are the best I have encountered, they obviously care about the residents and families."
They were recently rated "Good" by the CQC on their last unplanned inspection. They commented that all the people and staff were very complimentary about their experience of the service and the quality of the leadership. Staff were well supported by management and felt involved in the future development of the service.
Preceptorship nurses: In the case of newly qualified / preceptorship nurses, the care home offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Care Home offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the service. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Location: The Service is easily accessed by car and via public transport. There is free parking on site.
· Comprehensive induction programme
· On-going training and development
· A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
· Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
· Good CQC rating
· 28 days annual leave
· Company pension scheme
· Free uniform
· Free car parking
· Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
· Paid enhanced DBS check
· RCNi CPD e-learning - offers support and training for revalidation
· Childcare vouchers
· Retail and leisure discounts
· Holiday discounts
· 2 for 1 cinema tickets
· Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
· Free financial advice and assistance
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #coronavirus