Senior Nurse / Unit Manager
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 38200 - 38200 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Senior Nurse / Unit Manager - An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced registered nurse ( Adult Nurse - RGN, Mental Health Nurse - RMN or Learning Disability Nurse - RNLD ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist care home for young adults with complex needs including mental health and physical health, neurological disorders, brain injury and complex dementia in Birmingham. The Care Home has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the Care Home is very team orientated and the Manager has an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued. They are very proud of their recent GOOD CQC rating.
* Location: Birmingham
* Service Type: Care Home for young adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury and stroke rehabilitation, mental health and complex dementia
* Salary: £17.50 per hour ( £38,220 per annum)
* Hours : Full Time - 42 hours per week
* Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Care Home Details: The Care Home is split into three 10-bedded units. With 1 nurse to 10 service users you really will have time to care and bring nursing back to how it should be. They are rated 9.2/10 on Apply and have a number of fantastic reviews left by services users and relatives of services users. Below is a recent example of a review left by the parent of a service user:
"We are pleased and grateful for the wonderful care given to our son. Our whole family appreciate this care and the warmth of the welcome, care, help and comfort given to all of us. He has choices for food and activities within his capabilities. We have always been able to discuss his health and happiness at any time. Our deepest thanks to everyone concerned with the care and well-being of our son."
The Care Home has a lively and positive atmosphere and they always have something going on for the service users to get involved with. The team ensures that the priority is always what is in the best interests of the service users.
About the Manager: The Service Manager is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, and is very keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training. The Manager has said that there are lots of incredible things on the horizon for the home so it's a fantastic time to join
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Care Home offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the service. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
· Comprehensive induction programme
· On-going training and development
· A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
· Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
· Good CQC rating
· 28 days annual leave
· Company pension scheme
· Free uniform
· Free car parking
· Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
· Paid enhanced DBS check
· RCNi CPD e-learning - offers support and training for revalidation
· Childcare vouchers
· Retail and leisure discounts
· Holiday discounts
· 2 for 1 cinema tickets
· Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
· Free financial advice and assistance
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork