Senior Staff Nurse ( RMN ) - Eating Disorder Hospital
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 35000 - 39000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Senior Staff Nurse ( RMN )
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000 per annum ( up to £20.00 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Bonus : £3,000 paid in two instalments (£1,500 in first pay cheque & £1,500 paid after 6 months )
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts : Options of Days only ( 7.15am - 7.45pm ) or Nights only ( 7.15pm - 7.45am ) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior staff nurse RMN, RNLD, RGN or RCN ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) to take on a lead role within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist Eating Disorder Service situated in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Details: This Hospital is a 42 bed specialist Inpatient Eating Disorder Service for children and young people aged 8 - 18 years. The service provides a warm and nurturing environment for patients and their services emphasise not only the mental wellbeing of young people but also their educational, emotional and physical needs. The Hospital wards are set up in a 'boarding school' type environment. The Hospital have an on-site Ofsted Registered school to support their children and young people to continue with their education while in hospital.
The Hospital is split into three wards:
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* 12 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward (this is a new renovated ward due to open in April/May 2020)
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Shifts : The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only (0715 to 1945) or nights only (1915 to 0745). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
* A thorough 2 week induction programme
* A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* £3,000 welcome bonus paid in two instalments
* £1,500 paid in first pay cheque
* £1,500 paid after 6 months
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* A variety of flexible working options
* Free on-site parking
* Free meals on shift
* Enhanced maternity pay
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Regular breakfast mornings
* Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
* A positive and friendly staff culture
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.