Ward Nurse Manager - Eating Disorders
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 40095 - 40095 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Ward Nurse Manager
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Salary: £40,905 - £43,000 per annum ( up to £22 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Shifts : Monday - Friday with approximately one weekend per month
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced either at management level already or who is looking to progress into management to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist Eating Disorder Service situated in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. We will consider various nurse disciplines for the position including mental health nurse ( RMN ) , learning disability nurse ( RNLD ) , or adult nurse ( RGN ) for the position. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Details: This Hospital is a specialist Inpatient Eating Disorder Service for children and young people aged 8 - 18 years. The service provides a warm and nurturing environment for patients and their services emphasise not only the mental wellbeing of young people but also their educational, emotional and physical needs. The Hospital have an on-site Ofsted Registered school to support their children and young people to continue with their education while in hospital.
The Hospital is split into three wards:
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* A brand new 12 bedded Learning Disability and Autism Ward for children
What we are looking for:
* Experience within a leadership/management capacity.
* Experience of working in a CAMHS setting
* Relevant sufficient post registration experience.
* Relevant experience in a similar environment.
* Proven track record of leadership and management skills
Location : Having access to a car would be preferable due to the location of this hospital. The nearest train station is approximately a 5-10 minutes taxi ride away.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, next month a massage therapist is coming into the hospital for 3 days to give massages to nurses for free. The hospital also does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
* A thorough 2 week induction programme
* A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* £3,000 welcome bonus paid in two instalments
* £1,500 paid in first pay cheque
* £1,500 paid after 6 months
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* A variety of flexible working options
* Free on-site parking
* Free meals on shift
* Enhanced maternity pay
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Regular breakfast mornings
* Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
* A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.