Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 26300 - 38400 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 2 Jun 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Registered Nurse - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified preceptorship nurse or experienced registered nurse ( Adult Nurse - RGN, Mental Health Nurse - RMN or Learning Disability Nurse - RNLD ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist care home for young adults with complex needs including mental health and physical health, neurological disorders, brain injury and complex dementia in Tipton. The Care Home has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the Care Home is very team orientated and the Manager has an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued. They are very proud of their recent GOOD CQC rating.
* Service Type: Care Home for young adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury and stroke rehabilitation, mental health and complex dementia
* Salary: £15.35 - £16.81 per hour ( £26,340.00 - £38,461.00 per annum ) - negotiable depending on your experience
* Hours : Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 22, 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week)
* Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Service Details: The Care Home is a 20 bed home split into two 10-bedded units. With 1 nurse to 10 service users you really will have time to care and bring nursing back to how it should be. They are rated highly on Apply and have a number of fantastic reviews left by services users and relatives of services users. Below is a recent example of a review left by the relative of a service user:
"As a family we are very happy with the home. My mother is made to feel very safe and secure. The team have developed a good relationship with her and are very kind and understanding. I feel we have a good relationship with them, nothing is too much trouble. I cannot sing their praises enough; I would not hesitate to recommend this home."
They were recently rated "Good" by the CQC on their last unplanned inspection with the following commentary - "All of the people and staff we spoke to were very complimentary about their experience of the service and the quality of the leadership. Staff were well supported by management and told us they felt involved in the future development of the service. Regular audits to reduce any risks to people were undertaken at service and provider level to ensure that standards were maintained."
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Care Home offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the service. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
· Comprehensive induction programme
· On-going training and development
· A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
· Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
· Good CQC rating
· 28 days annual leave
· Company pension scheme
· Free uniform
· Free car parking
· Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
· Paid enhanced DBS check
· RCNi CPD e-learning - offers support and training for revalidation
· Childcare vouchers
· Retail and leisure discounts
· Holiday discounts
· 2 for 1 cinema tickets
· Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
· Free financial advice and assistance
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.