Registered Mental Health Nurse ( RMN )
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
- £ 27816 - 38633 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 29 May 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Registered Nurse ( RMN / RNLD ) - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN or RNLD ( Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive low and medium secure Hospital for adults with a mental illness and/or personality disorder situated in Milton Keynes.The Hospital has an excellent reputation. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
* Location: Milton Keynes
* Salary: £27,816 - £38,633 per annum ( up to £19.80 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
* Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference
* Shifts : Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference (12 hour shifts)
Hospital Details: The hospital is renowned for successfully treating sex offenders, personality disordered patients and those with forensic addictions. In addition, they also offer tailored care to those patients who present with a dual diagnosis of mental illness/personality disorder and mild learning disability. (They also specialise in remand patients, patients transferred from prison and those with a history of serious offending).
The service offers:
* 30 bed medium secure service for men split over three wards
* 25 bed low secure service men split over two wards
* 8 bed medium secure service for women
* 21 bed low secure service for women split over two wards
* 14 bed DBT service for women
* 10 bed DBT preparatory service for women
* Five self-contained apartments
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse ) , the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
* Many benefits in line with the NHS
* A thorough induction programme
* A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
* Ongoing and regular training and support
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Over time rates are 1.25% extra for any over time worked
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* A variety of flexible working options
* Free on-site parking
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Free meals on shift
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as Aan extra days annual leave
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Are you #readytowork #covid-19 #coronavirus
This job was posted to Nursing home mental health nurse, Ward mental health nurse, Ward learning disability nurse in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 29250 - 36699 Per yearFull timePermanentNorthampton, Northamptonshire, England
Staff Nurse - Mental Health Open Rehabilitaiton and Step Down Service Location: Northampton Salary: £29,250 - £36,699 per annum ( £...