Staff Nurse - Home Therapies
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
- £ 23876.5 - 28090.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 19 Aug 2020
- 28 Oct 2020
JOB Ref: 14SNHT002
We have an opportunity in our Ipswich/Colchester dialysis unit for nurse to join our small but expanding team specialising in home haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
The purpose of the role is to provide safe high quality nursing care to patients undergoing home treatments, to train and support patients and to develop and promote good working relationships between Diaverum and the NHS. There will be some travel involved due to the nature of the role.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
Training patient in all aspects of dialysis care
General assessment of patient suitability for home treatment.
Observations of patient in home environment, presence of signs of trauma, patients’ general physical and mental condition
Act as a named nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring all care is planned and documented
Review dialysis orders and initiate any changes requested by the referral Renal Team
Documents observations and interventions in a legible manner
Train patients on how to maintain a clean clinical environment
Discuss health concerns with patient; review any concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with Diaverum processes
Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• Previous experience in haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis desirable
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• 1 year+ experience in general nursing / Applications from newly qualified Nurses are also welcomed
(Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
Unit car is available for the home visits.
• Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Competitive Salary
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Relocation allowance *
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
* where applicable/dependent on clinic