Senior Mental Health Nurse - Eating Disorders
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
- £ 35000 - 39000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager, Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 May 2020
- 2 Jul 2020
Senior Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior staff nurse RMN, RNLD, RGN or RCN ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) to take on a lead role within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist Eating Disorder Service situated in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
* Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
* Salary: £35,000 - £39,000 per annum ( up to £20.00 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
* Bonus : £3,000 paid in two instalments (£1,500 in first pay cheque & £1,500 paid after 6 months )
* Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
* Shifts : Options of Days only ( 7.15am - 7.45pm ) or Nights only ( 7.15pm - 7.45am ) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Hospital Details: This Hospital is a 42 bed specialist Inpatient Eating Disorder Service for children and young people aged 8 - 18 years. The service provides a warm and nurturing environment for patients and their services emphasise not only the mental wellbeing of young people but also their educational, emotional and physical needs. The Hospital wards are set up in a 'boarding school' type environment. The Hospital have an on-site Ofsted Registered school to support their children and young people to continue with their education while in hospital.
The Hospital is split into three wards:
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* 15 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward
* 12 bed CAMHS Eating Disorder Ward (this is a new renovated ward due to open in April/May 2020)
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. Nurses will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where nurses can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Nurses will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. All nurses will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, next month a massage therapist is coming into the hospital for 3 days to give massages to nurses for free. The hospital also does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
* A thorough 2 week induction programme
* A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* £3,000 welcome bonus paid in two instalments
* £1,500 paid in first pay cheque
* £1,500 paid after 6 months
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* A variety of flexible working options
* Free on-site parking
* Free meals on shift
* Enhanced maternity pay
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* Regular breakfast mornings
* Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
* A positive and friendly staff culture
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse, Nursing home mental health nurse, Ward mental health nurse in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 27137 - 29133 Per yearFull timePermanentGreenwich, London, Greater London, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Brain Injury and Neuro Rehabilitation Service type: Specialist Brain Injury and Neuro Rehabilitation Service ...