Sister/Charge Nurse ITU job
London, Greater London, England
- £ 46400 - 51557 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 21 May 2020
- 18 Jun 2020
Charge/Sister Nurse ITU/Critical care/ICU job
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £46,400 - £51,557 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible
We are delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for an experienced and motivated Sister/Charge Nurse ITU/critical care/ICU.
The healthcare provider has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit.
As the Sister/Charge Nurse for our Critical Care unit, you will provide clinical leadership in the delivery of the service. Deputising for the Deputy Manager and/or Matron, you will oversee the day to day clinical operations of the department, acting as an expert practitioner and role model, assisting your junior colleagues to develop advanced knowledge and skills in order to benefit the treatment and care of critically ill patients in our hospital.
Roles and responsibilities
- As shift leader guide and supervise staff and take overall responsibility for the assessment of patients and delivery of care plans by utilisation of advanced skills.
- Participation in investigations and responds to complaints positively; able to guide and support junior staff on dealing with complaints and clinical incidents.
- Assists Deputy Manager in formal investigations; able to initiate, undertake and complete investigation in absence of manager.
- Acts as a resource to others and acts as a role model to junior staff.
- Management of absence when it occurs.
- Management of a team of nurses on a shift to shift basis.
- Management of the delivery of the Critical Care service in the absence of the Departmental Manager and Matron.
- Allocating appropriately and manages change whilst taking skill mix, ward routine and the MDT into consideration.
- Design, lead and deliver team projects and task and finish projects in a timely manner.
- Registered General Nurse
- First line management course
- Advanced respiratory ventilation, cardiovascular and renal care
- Experience of working in ICU or Critical care
- Cardiothoracic, General, Liver or Neuro experience in an ICU environment
- ITU/ Critical Care course
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on Apply.