Registered Nurse CAMHS
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
- £ 33,792 - 33,792 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 19 May 2020
- 19 Jun 2020
Our client has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a CAMHS nurse to join the well- established team within in a Secure Training Centre in Milton Keynes. The Centre (STC) is an 80 bedded secure establishment that holds males from 12-17 years old. They provide healthcare services in line with the NHS including GP, Dentist, Optician, Physiotherapy, and Podiatry. They also provide Immunisations, Sexual health clinics and Young Fatherhood programs. We provide assessments using the Comprehensive assessment tool (CHATS) that are utilized across the youth secure estate. The team is made up of RNLDs, RMNs, and RGNs RCNs.
The CAMHS nurse will be responsible for supporting the clinical psychologist in delivering and implementing clinical and therapeutic interventions to young people via the referral process. The post holder will be expected to liaise with the families of their young people and also community CAMHS and FCAMHS, ensuring appropriate support is arranged for the young people upon release. The post holder must work within the multi-disciplinary team working with children and young people with complex mental health presentations.
This is a full time permanent position and offers a competitive salary of £33,792.19 per annum
• Company pension scheme with employer contributions
• Life assurance
• Employee discount scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
The ideal candidate
Skills and Knowledge
Essential Skills as a CAMHS Nurse:
• Part 1 NMC registration (RMN)
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children and adolescents
• Able to work within challenging and complex situations
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
• Must be an effective team worker and be able to lead in areas of tier 1& 2 CAMHs interventions.
• Ability to manage and maintain own caseload and work autonomously within the specialist area.
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy experience
• Specialist training in a subject\skill relevant to child and adolescent mental health (0-18)
• The ability to supervise, teach and develop staff’s (clinical and non-clinical) understanding of mental health and learning difficulties
For further information please call Maxine on Applyor alternatively forward your CV for consideration.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required.
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse, Ward mental health nurse in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 25 - 25 Per yearFull timeContractOxford, Oxfordshire, England
Maxxima’s nursing team are currently recruiting for Band 6 Care-Co-ordinators (Mental Health Nurses or Qualified Social Workers - t...
£ 29250 - 36699 Per yearFull timePermanentNorthampton, Northamptonshire, England
Staff Nurse - Mental Health Locked rehab Location: Northampton Salary: £29,250 - £36,699 per annum ( £15.00 - £18.82 p/h ) Hours: F...