Staff Nurse - Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Bristol, City of Bristol, England
- £ 25000 - 32700 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 30 Apr 2020
- 29 Jul 2020
Registered Nurse - Brain Injury
Service type: Specialist Brain Injury Rehab Centre
Salary: £13.00 - £16.76 per hour ( £25,000 - £32,700 per annum) - negotiable dependant on experience + £1,000 welcome bonus
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours). The hospital can also consider fixed shifts.
Shifts : Options of Days only (7.30am - 8.00pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 8.00am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a preceptorship nurse and/or experienced staff nurse ( Registered Adult Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse ) - RGN, RMN or RNLD - to work within a Brain Injury Rehab Centre situated in Bristol. This facility specialises in the treatment of patients, from 16 years and upwards, who have severe physical and/ or cognitive problems resulting from a brain injury. The hospital provides assessment, therapy and rehabilitation for these individuals in a person-centred and supportive environment. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team . The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Shifts : The Hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 8.00pm (days) and 7.30pm - 8.00am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Preceptorship Nurse Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse ), the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor preceptorship nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role.
* £1,000 welcome bonus - paid in two instalments - £500 in your first pay cheque and £500 on completion of your probation
* A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contribution
* Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
* 2 weeks paid paternity leave
* Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
* A range of staff discounts
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Support for revalidation
* Support for BSc and MSc
* Professional support through Nurses forum
* Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on 01489 774 204 or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Nursing home nurse, Ward nurse, Ward mental health nurse in Bristol, City of Bristol, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBristol, City of Bristol, England
If you apply for this vacancy and have not received a communication from this Trust within three weeks of the closing date, please ...