Community Mental Health Nurse\/Occupational Therapist
Canterbury, Kent, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 27 Mar 2020
- 25 Apr 2020
- Act as care co-ordinator for a mixed caseload of functional and organic cases.
- Embrace our clinical CAPA model and carry out assessment and reviews within agreed time frames delivering the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
- Be an active member and contribute to multi-disciplinary team working.
- Participate in a duty roster and deliver urgent and emergency interventions to those in crisis.
- Communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the development of others.
- Need to be able to travel in a timely manner. This post requires excellent interpersonal skills and you will need to be able to adopt a flexible, collaborative and proactive approach to your work. You will be committed to developing and promoting service provision for older adults. You will provide specialist assessment and treatment within the Community Mental Health Service for Older People (CMHSOP) taking a role in the memory pathway providing initial assessments, pre and post diagnostic support. Part time \/flexible work will be considered. Informal discussions \/visit are encouraged. As part of the Band 6 team you will be required to attain a mentoring qualification. In the winter of 2017, we launched our new and exciting Nursing Strategy, which is attached here for your reference. Our strategy will support our registered and unregistered nursing staff to provide the best care possible to our patients and their families, whilst enjoying a long and supportive career with us here at KMPT. KMPT Staff Benefits: NHS pension scheme Your employer pays 14.3% towards your pension and life assurance benefits. Please see http:\/\/ Apply. Apply\/Pensions.aspx for more details. Annual leave for Agenda for Change O n appointment to NHS 27 days for full time or pro rata if part time
After 5 years NHS service 29 days full time or pro rata if part time
After 10 years NHS service 33 days full time or pro rata if part time Plus bank holidays that's up to 41 days - more than 8 weeks paid time off! Medical staff have national Terms and Conditions.
Buying and selling of annual leave is also available as part of our flexible approach to staff benefits. Recommend a friend campaign If you already work for us you could refer a friend from outside of the Trust to any of the roles below and you can receive £1000 if they are successfully recruited; Nursing staff - RMN RGN RNLD - Band 5 and 6, Medical Doctors, Clinical Psychologist and Allied Health Professionals, Flexible working Covers job share, term time working, flexible shifts etc. Just ask and we will try to help. Statutory and occupational maternity, paternity or adoption leave Dependant on length of NHS service Other paid\/unpaid leave This can be for Jury Service, Reserved Armed Forces, etc. This is paid outside of annual leave. Non paid leave for career breaks Staff Support KMPT offer a face to face counselling service for any issues not just work related problems. NHS discounts and shopping vouchers Staff can sign up to Red Guava, PS discounts and Health Service Discounts to receive a variety of discounts in travel, fashion, technology, mobile phone contracts, food and drink, days out etc. Learning and Development opportunities In addition to the mandatory subjects there are a number of leadership, management and staff topic areas, including coaching and mentoring. Induction.
KMPT is committed to supporting all new staff and this includes a comprehensive Induction programme. The duration of the programme is dependent on role and can be from 2 days to 4 weeks (not always consecutive days).
The Induction programme will provide an excellent opportunity for new staff to meet and engage with KMPT's subject specialists and will include the essential training required.
The programme may involve some travel to the various training venues across Kent and Medway, the main ones being Canterbury, Maidstone and Dartford. Lease car scheme Cycle to work scheme The list goes on.........! New starter bonus . At the Trust we really value our nurses and the skills they bring. To recognise this we offer a New Hire Bonus of £1200 pro rata for band 5 and 6 nursing staff. Probation Period . New employees external to Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust are subject to a six month probationary period. To deliver an effective service it is essential in some of our roles that you are able to travel between work bases in a timely manner. Production of false or forged documents\/qualifications in order to obtain employment is a criminal offence and will be rep
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust - 14 jobs https://www.nurses.co.uk/jobs/nursing/kent--and--medway-nhs--and--social-care-partnership-trust/ https://www.nurses.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/a7198e01-a56e-425d-95b2-41ef36212fbd131511744792212286.jpg
This job was posted to Community mental health nurse in Canterbury, Kent, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 24 - 30 Per hourFull timeTemporaryCanterbury, Kent, England
Athona is currently recruiting for an ongoing locum Band 6 and 7 Community Psychiatric Nurse in Kent. The role is based a specialis...
Full timePermanentSittingbourne, Kent, England
The post is suitable for a registered nurse or Occupational therapist with experience of working with older adults with mental heal...
£ 28 - 29 Per hourFull timeContract...Maidstone, Kent, England
Athona is currently recruiting for an ongoing locum Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN) in Maidstone, Kent. The post is based ...