Reading, Berkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 25 Mar 2020
- 23 Apr 2020
Spire Dunedin Hospital, has been serving the Reading community for over 100 years, as a first-class medical facility. Based in the heart of Reading, the hospital has 2 theatres, 3 recovery bays and an Endoscopy suite. The hospital also has a busy chemo therapy unit and admits patients for acute oncology care.
Duties and responsibilities
The Chemotherapy Staff Nurse will assess patients' health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload of cancer patients. You assist in the delivery of care to meet individuals' health and wellbeing needs throughout the cancer treatment pathway, including administration of chemotherapy. You will assist in maintaining and developing cancer services and contribute to quality improvement within cancer services.
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse
- Keen interest in chemotherapy nursing
- Qualified in venepuncture and cannulation
- Work with minimum supervision within a nurse led environment
- Experience administering chemotherapy is an advantage but full training (including an accredited university module) will be given.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Penny Lawless on Applyor Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 34000 Per yearFull timePermanentCrawley, Winchester, Hampshire, England
Senior Staff Nurse - Male Adult Acute Patient Care Type: Male Mental Health Acute Unit Location: Near to Crawley, Surrey Salary: &...