Registered Nurse - Brain Injury & Neuro Rehabilitation
Greenwich, London, Greater London, England
- £ 32400 - 34700 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 24 Mar 2020
- 23 Apr 2020
Registered Nurse - Brain Injury and Neuro Rehabilitation
Service type: Specialist Brain Injury and Neuro Rehabilitation Service
Location: Near Greenwich, South East London
Salary: £16.60 - £17.50 per hour ( £32,400- £34,700 per annum ) - negotiable dependant on experience
Bonus: £1,000 welcome bonus on top of basic salary
Hours : Full Time or Part Time hours available - you can choose depending on preference, the service can be flexible (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Days or nights are available or a mixture of both - you can choose depending on preference, the service can be flexible (Days 7.30am - 7.45pm and Nights 7.30pm - 7.45am)
Further Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a preceptorship nurse and/or an experienced staff nurse - RGN, RMN or RNLD - ( Registered Adult Nurse, Mental Health Nurse and Learning Disability Nurse ) to work within a Brain Injury and Rehabilitation Service in Greenwich, London.The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Type : This service is a specialist service located in South East London which specialises in the treatment of individuals with physical and cognitive impairments and challenging behaviours as a result of a brain injury. The service provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy.
Shifts: The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Their shift pattern is 7.30am - 7.45pm (days) and 7.30pm - 7.45am (nights). Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Location: The Hospital is easily accessed by car. They are easy to get to via public transport also - with a train / tube station nearby and bus stops outside the hospital.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Nurse Programme : In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learning Disability Nurse ), the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor preceptorship nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role.
* £1,000 welcome bonus
* A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
* Maternity leave at 3 months full pay and 3 months half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
* 2 weeks paid paternity leave
* Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
* Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
* A range of staff discounts
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Support for revalidation
* Support for BSc and MSc
* Professional support through Nurses forum
* Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.