Registered Mental Health Nurse
- £ 28000 - 35700 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 24 Mar 2020
- 23 Apr 2020
Location: Newark-on-Trent, Newark, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £28,000 - £35,700 per annum ( up to £18.30 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 12 hours, 24 hours or 36 hours)
Shifts : Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for a preceptorship nurse or experienced nurse - Mental Health Nurse ( RMN ) or Learning Disability Nurse ( RNLD) - to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive low secure mental health hospital for women with complex care needs located in Newark-on-trent, Nottinghamshire. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
Service Details: This hospital is a 48 bed low secure service offering personalised assessment and recovery-based treatment pathways, including a trauma specific pathway, for women with complex care needs. Patients are aged between 18 - 65 years. The hospital is split by a combination of general low secure wards and a recovery ward area (also within the low secure perimeter) which provide a seamless internal care pathway supporting and empowering recovery and rehabilitation.
The Team: The Hospital has a full MDT (Multidisciplinary team) comprising of a Consultant, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, OT, Social Worker, Support and Administration Staff. The aim is to work as a close team providing a holistic range of assessments and treatments.
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse or Learning Disability Nurse ) , the Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The Hospital offers a structured and thorough 2 week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, the hospital does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
* A thorough induction programme
* A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
* Ongoing and regular training and support
* A fantastic preceptorship programme
* Over time rates are 1.25% extra for any over time worked
* Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
* A variety of flexible working options
* Free on-site parking
* Enhanced maternity pay
* Free meals on shift
* Access to development opportunities including:
* Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
* Leadership & management development
* Long service award
* Enhanced support with Return to Practice
* Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as Aan extra days annual leave
* Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
* CPD top up
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.